Kids buying Gemstone (was Re: Eisner Award)

David Gerstein ramapith at mail.dk
Tue Jul 27 19:22:46 CEST 2004

	Cord,

 > Or what do you think: Are there really kids (ages 8-15) out there who
buy "Uncle Scrooge" on their own?

	Yes. I know because I've met some; and a few are presently active on
the Toon Zone message boards (forums.toonzone.net), where Scrooge and
WDC&S in particular are discussed now and again.
	It seems to be high schoolers who are already Disney/cartoon fans who
gravitate to the books, but that's no big surprise. One had a Fethry
buddy icon last week; seeing it, I suggested he join the DCML, so maybe
we'll get some new blood around here.

	David