Commercials/Disney Outdated?

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 11:00:20 CEST 2004

Hi all!

BTW thanks to Chris Hilbig for the TV Disney comics link. It's neat to see
all those commercials.

Cord Wiljes posted:

One questions remains to be addressed though. I will put it here in all
bluntness:

   Are Disney comics outdated?

Are we here on this list just a bunch of old fools reveling in
nostalgia, trying to recapture the vanished wonders of our youth?

Sigh. Sometimes I wish I was born a generation earlier. Being 23, I've come
toward the tail end of things with Disney comics (though Gemstone represents a
new beginning). Old time radio shows, old movies, Disney comics, with
interests like that,   I act like more of a previous generation ( or two even :p

As for kids and what do they like these days? My 9 and soon to be 3 year old
nieces, they are absolutely insane for stuff like Spongebob Squarepants. Yuck!
I know I'm being biased. Spongy's  alright, it's just not my preference. I
think they like stuff like Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc. well enough, but they
seem more of a Disney fan in general. "Can we watch Lion King II or Finding
Nemo for the 40th time?" I would say they're familiar with the characters, but
aren't particularly big fans of them. Winnie The Pooh probably ranks higher
with them.

Derek Smith