Batman's Millions

Michael Lavigne shiningchris21 at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 6 15:49:35 CEST 2004

Don Rosa wrote to Peter Bruells

>At this point in time, it is not Disney that keeps
the
>names of the freelance creators from being given
>credit for the work that they single-handedly
produce.
>It is the *publishers* who employ this incredibly
>archaic and unfair practice. But very few of them
>still do so... actually, the only one that leaps to
>mind is the Dutch publisher. All other major Disney
>publishers give credit to the people
>who do virtually ALL the work.

This is exact, but just to mention an important thing
that I saw the other day: thanks to the (fantastic)
inducks database, one can find most if not nearly all
credits for the Dutch stories as well. This is
astonishing but true. You'll see (although you
probably already know) if you take a look at the great
COA browsing system that most authors are referenced,
with the possible exception of some foreign studio
artists - who are almost inpossible to find, I was
told (but even then, some are credited).

Mike