Censored Taliaferro strips from 1942

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Mon Jun 7 13:58:32 CEST 2004

Niels wrote:
> I just finished reading the Norwegian reprint of Taliaferro's 1942 Donald
Duck daily strips.
Unfortunately, in this edition the strips from February 2-7 has been omitted
and replaced by a note that reads: "These strips were made during the war
and contain too strong sentiments to be reproduced".
So now I'm curious: Could anybody tell me what these 6 strips were about,
and if they can be found somewhere (either in print or on the WWW)?

As far as I remember - can't check the actual strips now - the sequence had
nothing to do with the war, but was about Donald and the kids dealing with
an American Indian tribe. So, the (absurd, IMHO) censorship is probably
motivated by the presence of racial stereotypes in the strips.

Ciao,
Armando