Karl Krøyer, Carl Barks, and the refloated ship

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Jun 24 12:41:29 CEST 2004

LARS JENSEN to OLIVIER, 23-06-2004:

> And, just for the record: The ship sank on September 14, 1964. After
> a month of pumping polystyrene balls into its hull, Al-Kuwait/Al
> Kuwait/El-Kuwait finally surfaced on December 31st, 1964. According
> to a contemporary source (the Danish newspaper Politiken), there
> were 5000 sheep aboard, rather than the 6000 I see mentioned on
> countless websites. And I still haven't seen any direct quotes from
> Krøyer admitting he got the idea from Barks' story. [WDC 104]

Very interesting! I'm curious for more information and debates about
this subject.

It happens too often that information is just being copied without being
checked, so discoveries/doubts like these are very necessary. A lot of
history consists of what people *assume* to be true, without really
checking if they're right. That's why I like such doubts. Thanks!

--- Daniël