Cars questions

Geir Hasnes g-hasne at online.no
Tue Mar 9 12:13:25 CET 2004

Thanks, Don and Rob, for elaborating on the cars.

I am currently working with a Hall of Fame book for Egmont concentrating on Barks' car stories.

By the way, I loved your recent story, Don. However, isn't it really too much that Scrooge not only has become the world's richest man, but also that he unknowingly resides above the world's greatest knowledge reservoir (JW Guidebook) and unknowingly grows up above the world's greatest treasure?

And some ten years ago you advised me (re my story idea of the Holy Grail and St. Brendan's voyage) that Disney would never accept a story with the Holy Grail!

The only thing left is now to explain about Donald's parents.

Of course, they were imprisoned by Brutopia when on a diplomatic mission in the early 30s and reported missing, expectantly dead. Donald's mother wanted to get away from Duckburg for some time and placed Donald and his twin sister with Grandma.

Then a report comes out that they might be alive and still in concentrating camps in the Brutopian inland.

It takes the combined effort of Donald with the help of Gladstone's luck, Scrooge's wealth, Gyro's inventions, the nephews' knowledge, and even the enlisted help of the Beagle Boys who are on a mission to free their brothers in the same country, to set Donald's parents free. What a story it would be!

Actually, this would be the ultimate story. Along with the story for rescuing the nephews' parents from something similar. Maybe they went searching for Donald's parents some years before and were imprisoned too?

Geir Hasnes