To Pete or not to Pete

Eta Beta psersimmon at eega.net
Sat May 8 20:41:26 CEST 2004

DAVE

>Yikes! Eta, I think you were looking at the wrong animal for Pete...

Clearly my researches weren't as thorough as I had thought, indeed
I have only seen still frames from the Alice Comedies, and I stand
corrected!

Cannot quote sources right now, but I remember reading somewhere
that, although the basic idea of a peg-legged baddie derived from
those early cartoons, it would be pushing things a bit to say that
it was indeed "our" Pete...

So, we can say that it is historically true and estabilished that
the early bear and the later cat are indeed the same character,
weird as it may sound ?

Cheers!

Eta Beta