peculiar mails

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Sat Apr 2 22:32:54 CEST 2005

Nils Bäckström wrote:

>Last month I read a discussion which did not make much sense to me. However, after
>receiving the following mails I understand that, from the side of Mr. Rosa, there consist
>feelings of intense personal hatred against fans that have different than only positive
>feed-back on his work. I do understand that it will never be pleasant to receive
>criticism on your work, nonetheless I think that such a generalizing mail as this can be
>considered somewhat unprofessional.

Ah, you missed the part that the original message was an obvious prank.
And I see no reason why private replies to such a foolishness should be
"professional" anyway. I doubt there are no regulations on how
freelancer writer/artists should reply to crazy fans in their private
mail. Whole "generalizing" part was just a test to see if there was some
prankter behind the message, which was the case. What comes to "Bomer",
it is not part of common courtesy to spread other people's mail without
asking a permission. Should Rosa share some private messages he has
received over the years, some hypocrites would probably be all over him
for doing that - now that someone does it to him, few people seem to
mind. Curses of being famous...