Sherlock Holmes?

Ole Damgaard post at oledamgaard.dk
Wed Aug 31 23:09:16 CEST 2005

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:34 PM
Subject: Sherlock Holmes?

> I have now completed the foreword on Shakespeare in Disney comics (thanks
> for all the help) and have started the next one, which will be about
> Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes. I have located the comics with
> Basil The Mouse Detective and The Sleuth and I am now looking for more
> obscure parodies, satires, references etc. If anyone can help me with
> suggestions, I would be most grateful.
Fredrik Strömberg

Elementary, my dear Watson! :-)

Peter Kylling offers a list of some Barks detective stories at his website:
http://cbarks.dk/thedetectivestories.htm . In some of them HD&L wears the
characteristic Sherlock Holmes hats.
- And, off course we must not forget Shamrock Bones...an obvious parody of
Holmes, with the same hat and pipe, but not quite the same wit as Holmes...
http://shorterlink.com/?YKL71N

PS: I'm curious: What are you writing forewords for?

/ole