ashcans

UNDBKB@aol.com UNDBKB at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 15:42:40 CET 2005

> Why is it called Ashcan issue ?
>
> Ola in cloudy Stockholm +10

Comic companies at one time made sample comics of the same size
to "try out" titles or characters.  These sample comics were not intended for
sale
and were intended to be thrown away in the "ashcan" after be shown.  Some of
these comics were kept and became collectible.  A fews years ago they made
comics this size and called them ashcans.  The Disney Halloween comic by Gemstone
was of this size, so it was also called an ashcan.  It was not intended for
sale, only to be given away.  I also gave 200 away.  I still have a few left if
anyone wants one, for the cost of mailing.

S. McDuck