Do I drew Asterix? (To Lars Jensen)

Cesar Ferioli Pelaez lapis_niger at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:59:13 CET 2005

Dear Lars,

>I *knew* it! Does that mean Gyro Gearloose=Rodriques?

To be honest I don't know... I'll ask him next time we meet...

>On a more serious note: in a recent article about you, it was mentioned
>that you at one point drew Asterix. Can you tell us more about this?
>
>Lars

Yes I can. In the eighties I was working in a studio with other young
artists as me, in Barcelona. Wages were extremely short and works very
different... and for several countries, too!
Maybe we were one of the cheapiest producers in the world, that was the
secret of our success. :-)For us it was a good way to learn the job...

One of those jobs was *Asterix*, among others... But *not* the regular
Asterix everibody knows... It was only illustrations, posters, calendars,
games and other minor stuff to Ehapa Verlag in Germany. I've never meet Mr.
Uderzo in flesh and bones, and I've never worked on the *true* stories of
Asterix... Of course I would have liked that a lot!!!

Finally I'm agree with your opinion about latest Asterix stories, the plot
is not the same! But Goscinny was one of the best scripters in the world,
and it is impossible to follow him!

Best,
Static Cèsar