Fiat Lux

Bob Peterson bobp at contracorner.com
Wed Sep 21 14:27:58 CEST 2005

Kriton,

I'm in agreement on all your points, except calling the Disney
animators.  I thought they were mainly Lisberger's team.  How many
Disney animators participated?

The light flickering flaws were due to the manual glow processing,
not the computer graphics.  Still, they reminded me of the flickering
quality of the era's CRTs and made a fine substitute for jaggies.

BTW, if TRON were made today, we'd have to avoid one moviegoer's
criticism of "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within": she walked out
because the actors were too wooden!

And one final point before we turn this list BACK to Disney Comics: A
useful CGI timeline: <http://www.answers.com/main/
ntquery;jsessionid=2j2q7scqjddng?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Timeline+of
+CGI+in+movies&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1&sbid=lc01a&linktext=Timeline%20of%
20CGI%20in%20movies>