DCML or forum?

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 12 13:37:09 CEST 2006

Anyone who wishes to converse about Disney comics in a Web forum is welcome
to find one or start one.  I for one am thankful for all the years Per has
put into organizing and maintaining DCML.  There is certainly nothing wrong
with wanting to join and discuss in Internet forums, but I find little
productive in comments like the following:

> But my past two messages of today still haven't turned up in the
> online DCML archives. How can one discuss and contribute this way?
> It's quite impossible.

I have found it quite possible to carry on conversations with fellow Duck
enthusiasts, and I've used the DCML both ways -- as a digest in and
individual e-mails delivered in near real time.  I found I preferred the
Digest, and Per tells us most readers do.  As the moderator he should know.
We always have the choice, including when we first signed up.

I think kind suggestionsbe improved are surely okay, but complaints from any who think a whole day
(horrors!) is too long to wait for replies are likely not to produce
positive results.

In short, this is the Disney Comics MAILING LIST, as the name says.  Works
for me.

Dan