DCML Digest, Vol 42, Issue 18 (Postal Regs Amendment)

JTorci3511 at aol.com JTorci3511 at aol.com
Tue Aug 15 13:53:26 CEST 2006

Earlier, I said that the Postal Regulation might have brought the
"One-Page-Text" stories into being.

Of course, they existed in the earliest issues of  WDC&S and  LOONEY TUNES,
etc.  (Often running for more than one page).  The  regulation, more
accurately, ensured their CONTINUANCE... probably long past the  point that most of the
audience read them.

Unrelated question:  How many of you actually read these text stories  when
they appeared?  I almost never did... and only recently, when I peruse  an
older book, do I now take the time to do so.  Kinda like finding  "something new"
wrapped inside "something old".

Joe Torcivia.