DCML Digest, Vol 46, Issue 6

JTorci3511 at aol.com JTorci3511 at aol.com
Wed Dec 6 13:19:33 CET 2006

Dean and Everyone:

In a message dated 12/6/2006 6:15:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dcml-request at nafsk.se writes:

Concerning Rich Johnston and his blurb on Gemstone.  Rich is a  known and
admitted rumor monger.  He admits so by the use of Red,  Yellow, and Green
traffic Lights the precede each item.

Sometimes his predictions come to pass.  More often than not, they  don't --
or we just plain never know, or never seen any manifestation of  the issue.
Anyone could look at a publisher's cancellation of four  out of six titles and
pronounced that doom has swept the land.  Even some  of our own members have
done that!

It must have been a very slow rumor/news week at Marvel, DC, and the  UK
publishers for Rich to turn his attentions to Gemstone in the first  place.

I hope I'm not speaking out of class - and would rather have someone
officially address this matter for the DCML... but how can you "let  freelancers
go"?!  They're FREELANCERS, fer gosh sakes!  There is  naturally less work for
everyone, when six titles become two - and that means  less freelance work.  As
for being paid, I can report no difficulties  with the work I've done for
Gemstone - DuckTales Texts and the Super  Goof backup to "Blotman Returns".

So, I think we ought to just leave Rich Johnston to his corner of  the
blog-world (...where anyone can apparently say anything they please)  until things
manifest themselves for real.

Just as with the cancellation news, let's keep an even keel on this one as
well.

Also, I hope you all enjoyed my script for Super Goof.  I added quite  a bit
to the original bare-bones outline I received.  Feedback is welcome,  if you'd
like - privately or in this forum.

Joe Torcivia.