More non-Gemstone Disney comics in the US

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 4 15:08:55 CET 2006

- Fabio -

It's a new character, Marianne :
" Wonderland is in an tizzy after a certain little blonde girl turned it upside down! But what happens after Alice leaves? Everyone -- from familiar faces like the nervous white rabbit, the Mad Hatter, the Chesire Cat and the Queen of Hearts to a girl new to Wonderland fans, Marianne -- want Wonderland is in a scramble to set things back to what passes for normal."

Aren't Carroll's works public domain?
Or are there descendants who own & licence everything Wonderland?
There have been many adaptations & variations, so I guess Disney can well invent a new character that vists Wonderland.

Olivier