January 2006 Disney comics Previews

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 11:38:08 CET 2006

Hi all!

I haven't been on the Internet much lately, but I saw Elaine's post, so I
thought I'd start back with the previews, etc. :) Here are the previews for
Disney comics from Previews Volume XV, #11:

Donald Duck and Friends #336 --- Carl Barks' classic ten-pager, "Biceps
Blues," in which Donald tries to impress Daisy by becoming a body-builder, leads
off this issue. Also featured is Mickey Mouse in "Plain Brown Wrapper," with art
by Noel Van Horn; Donald in "Again and Again," by Kari Korhonen and Daniel
Branca; and Donald again in "Loud and Clear," with art by Mau Heymans. 32 pages,
FC  $2.95

Donald Duck Adventures #16 --- This book leads with "A World Beyond," a great
73-page send-up of The Lord of the Rings, written by Spectrum Associates and
drawn by Jose Maria Manrique. Also in this issue is "Pluto's Nose Knows," by
Pat and Carol McGreal and Joachin Canizares Sanchez; and "Uncle Scrooge and the
Bronze Gates" by Rodolfo Cimino and Giampaolo Soldati. 7x10, 128 pages  $7.95

Mickey Mouse and Friends #285 --- The much-requested "Return of the Phantom
Blot," by Paul Murry --  the silver age story that reintroduced Mickey's
greatest foe -- is presented as a book-length adventure this issue! Originally
serialized in Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #284-287, it tells of Chief O'Hara
and Mickey's growing concerns that the Blot has come out of retirement to
plague them once again. 32 pages, FC  $2.95

Uncle Scrooge #350 --- A new Don Rosa cover and pin-up page accompany this
issue's reprint of his early classic, "Last Sled to Dawson," which reunites
Scrooge with Glittering Goldie and Soapy Slick in the Yukon. Also featured are
Uncle Scrooge and Beagle Boys stories by Kari Korhonen/Vicar, Pat and Carol
McGreal/Nunez and Lars Jensen/Marco Rota. 64 pages, FC  $6.95

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #665 --- This star-packed issue features a
cover by Carl Barks illustrating "Robert the Robot," with art by Dick Moores,
reprinted from Donald Duck #28. Also in this issue is "A Fluid Situation," by
William Van Horn, "The Picnic" by Floyd Gottfredson (!), the final installment
of "The Magnificent Seven Minus Four Caballeros" by Don Rosa, and more. 64
pages, FC  $6.95

>From Hyperion Books:

W.I.T.C.H. Volume 4: Between Light and Dark --- The Guardians continue to
face uncertainity as Cornelia struggles with loss and Will's life is threatened
by a  new enemy. 6x9, 128 pages, FC  $4.99

>From TokyoPop:

Lady and the Tramp --- The classy Lady and the scruffy Tramp seal their love
with a kiss over spaghetti. But when Tramp's antics get Lady thrown in the
pound, can the lovable scamp work his way back into her heart? 6x9, 32 pages
$3.99

Derek Smith