DCML Digest, Vol 41, Issue 12

Olaf Moriarty Solstrand olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Thu Jul 13 00:03:16 CEST 2006

Chris Barat wrote:
> unlike Garvey Gull [who??]

Hmm... Let's see if my memory of that story serves me correctly ... This
guy?
http://www.disney.no/DonaldDuck/andeby/portretter/tobben/index.html

If so ... his Egmont name is Sonny Seagull. He's a homeless kid and a
friend of Huey, Dewey and Louie. In INDUCKS he's described as "a sort of
Huckleberry Finn as a birdface character who co-stars with HDL". According
to the same database, he has appeared in fourteen stories (and I just read
a fifteenth that's not inducksed yet). His main function, as I see it, is
to be a wild kid which Donald thinks is a bad influence on the nephews
(not saying he doesn't have other functions!). He likes hanging out by the
railroad, which causes a lot of anger in the railroad inspector, Mr.
Phelps, who could be said to be the closest thing Sonny has to a nemesis.

More about him:
http://coa.inducks.org/character.php/x/Sonny+Seagull

--
Olaf Moriarty Solstrand