Huey in Ducktales

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Mon Jul 31 18:55:39 CEST 2006

Hi, in Barks' Ducktales #1, I noticed that many panels and important
actions/sayings were made by Huey more than the other two. I didn't notice
it in other publications, but in that particular issue, Huey (the one with
red hat) really stood out on his own. Why? In many panels with only 1 nephew
shown, most of the times it's Huey. In most panels were 1 of the nephews
will come up with an idea or interesting question, again most of the times
it's Huey.

I am not aware if there are distinct characteristics among the nephews (if
there exists any), so I wanted to make sure whether it was intended by the
colorist or purely coincidental that Huey steals most of the spotlight.

btw just wanted to say that the Barks' Ducktales comic book is one of the
best that I've read so far, compared to the other titles, the price/content
ratio is perfect. Great articles as well, looking forward to number 2. If
possible, include 1 page comparison each of Barks' tale with corresponding
Ducktales episode. For someone who didn't watch the Ducktales when he was a
kid, it'd be nice to have some kind of reference to see how far/close the
Ducktales' crew adapted the Barks' stories.

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal and a guy named Joe from Singapore