Gemstone 2007

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Thu Jun 1 18:03:25 CEST 2006

Hi Dean,

> I have a question for Gary Leach, David Gerstein, and/or Travis
> Seitler:  Can you give us any hints about what we might expect from
> Gemstone in 2007?  Pretty please! :)  I realize though that it may
> be too early to give out hints and "reveal your hand".  The one
> thing I had heard is that you plan on producing a deluxe version of
> Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck with *all* of the chapters
> included.  Can you tell us any more plans past this?  Two rather
> more specific question.  One, is a Carl Barks library in a TPB
> format at least a twinkling in your eye yet?  I don't think I have
> to say how much fanfare and acclaim such a project would get.  Two,
> in 2007 or beyond is there a plan to publish TPBs on a regular basis.

Here's what I can offer from my remote outpost in Prescott, AZ:
First, a deluxe LoS is being planned, with nifty extras - though I'd
say it's highly unlikely to contain any actual chapters not included
in the two softbound LoS volumes. Next, TPBs are working out well as
an ongoing project of one-shots/mini-series; they really aren't meant
to be "regular" publications. As for a TPB CBL, that's still at best
a notion for the distant future; an American - i.e. English -
version, in any format, awaits the completion of Egmont's version,
which is still in the middle of production.

Ah, here come the contractors to bash some more holes in our house.
Gotta run!

Gary