DCML Digest, Vol 37, Issue 9

Leo Schulte schulte at teacher.com
Sun Mar 12 13:42:38 CET 2006

I also ascribe to the "s-apostrophe" rather than the "s-apostrophe-s"
rule, which seems illogical, and is, because Americans at least will ad
an extra "s" as in Barkses stories when they pronounce the possessive of
Barks.  Still, I have never liked the way it looks!  And so, even though
the sound is there, I will not write an extra  gentive "s" for a word
ending in -s.

Illogical, but that's English!

And anything that keeps Barks and Uncle Scrooge going is fine with me!  I
just wish we had a series of the Don Rosa Library going right now in the
U.S.!