Subscription of Italian Disney comic books

Archontis Pantsios apantsio at ac.anatolia.edu.gr
Wed Nov 1 12:42:25 CET 2006

NIELS:

> Hello to the Italian list members (and others, too)

I belong to "others, too", even if I consider myself an Italian comics-wise!
:-)

> I've decided to improve my Italian and enlarging my comic book
> collection by subscribing to the "I Grandi Classici" title (and maybe "I
> Maestri Disney", too).
> As far as I can tell, Disney Italia only accepts subscribers that live
> in Italy.
> Do you know any comic dealers that offer a subscription service to
> foreigners?

This is exactly how I started to learn Italian 7-8 years ago. I subscribed
to Italian Disney comics directly thru Disney Italia and I still have
subscriptions to "Topolino", "I Grandi Classici" and "Zio Paperone" ("I
Maestri Disney Oro" is published irregularly and does not offer a
subscription).

I don't know whether Disney Italia offers *new* international subscriptions,
but they certainly continue to re-new mine (I leave in Greece) and I have no
intention of tipping them otherwise. The subscriptions are offered thru
Mondadori and it can be also done electronically at  www.abbonamenti.it

As for subscriptions thru comics dealers, they do exist, but I'll leave that
for our Italian members.

Cheers,

Archontis Pantsios--an old dcml member who hasn't written for years now, but
whose interest was re-kindled by the subject; I visited Italy and my friend
(and dcml member) Armando Botto last week...Actually, it was thru dcml that
we were able to get to know each other and meet.