Gemstone cancellations & new titles

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 29 16:12:55 CET 2006

Good point.
How sad. Well, if  the change in format (larger yet cheaper, in the supposedly now hip format) can help catch the attention of  younger readers, the switch means Gemstone has still hope, and that it may not be wishful thinking.

I wonder how well American Disney comics fare abroad. I wonder why Gemstone doesn't provide subscriptions outside the U.S. (as stated on the subscription page). Wouldn't it help?

A good movie. I hope the DuckTales DVDs feature advertisign leaflets for the comics. Disney could ask that the books be displayed along with the DVDs, on special cardboard stands if necessary; I think they are powerful enough to afford such marketing campaigns and ask this of  retailers.

I got them too! Having such selections of  classics can be pretty handy; I was also interested in the essays.

Gladstone did switch back and forth between cheaper covers & paper and glossier covers and papers for some of  their titles according to the printing costs.

I would also like the books to be presented like the comics were (cover, inside cover gag, stories, inside & back cover features) (they seem to be doing this for the E.C. books, ads included), and also to feature a few essays (one or two) rather than just a general (albeit interesting) introduction.

How about two quarterly books, alternating between compendium & artist? Or even just one of each.

Olivier