What do you call a comic book collector?

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 10 16:56:06 CEST 2006

 BOB ASKS ON BEHALF OF BARBARA BUCHANAN:

 Is there a technical name for a comic book collector?  Something very
sophisticated-sounding like "numismatist" (not sure how to spell that) or
"philatelist" (not sure how to spell or pronounce that one)?  Just
wondering.

If there's no term for collecting comic books (or one who collects
them):  Maybe we should have a contest?  Or a person at some comic book
club could suggest some new terms that all comic book collectors could then
vote on?

 AND I REPLY:

A term I have heard is "panelologist", though that probably more accurately
refers to someone who studies comics, not just a collector.

--
Dan Shane