Don Rosa Eisner nomination

Sudár Bence panchitopistoles at freemail.hu
Sat Apr 21 00:08:56 CEST 2007

First of all congratulations to Don Rosa!

Michiel Prior:

> Does anyone know how many and which of Rosa's
> stories were nominated for an Eisner Award, throughout the years?

Until now 4 Rosa stories were nominated for an Eisner Award (if you count Life & Times as one): "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck", "The Universal Solvent", "A Matter of Some Gravity" and "The Black Knight Glorps Again".

The only one Eisner nominated Disney Comic which was not made by Don Rosa is "Horsing Around with History" by Carl Barks and William Van Horn. I made today a list of the Eisner Award nominee and winner Disney writers / artists and anything else related to Disney Comics. Here is the comlete list:

 1987
 - Hall of Fame: Carl Barks [Inherited from Kirby Awards Hall of Fame] *WINNER*

 1993
 - Best Archival Collection: Carl Barks Library album series (Gladstone) *WINNER*

 1994
 - Best Writer/Artist: William Van Horn, for Walt Disney's Comics & Stories (Gladstone); Donald Duck Adventures (Gladstone)
 - Best Archival Collection: Carl Barks Library album series, by Carl Barks (Gladstone)

 1995
 - Best Lettering: Todd Klein, Batman vs. Predator II (DC/Dark Horse); The Demon (DC), Sandman (DC/Vertigo); Uncle Scrooge (Gladstone) *WINNER*
 - Best Coloring: Susan Daigle-Leach, Uncle Scrooge (Gladstone)
 - Best Continuing Series: Uncle Scrooge, by Don Rosa and others (Gladstone)
 - Best Cover Artist: Don Rosa, Uncle Scrooge (Gladstone)
 - Best Writer/Artist, Humor: Don Rosa, Uncle Scrooge (Gladstone)
 - Best Serialized Story: "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" by Don Rosa, Uncle Scrooge #285-296 (Gladstone) *WINNER*

 1996
 - Best Title for Younger Readers: Uncle Scrooge, by Don Rosa (Gladstone)
 - Best Title for Younger Readers: Walt Disney's Comics & Stories, by William Van Horn and others (Gladstone)
 - Best Short Story: "Horsing Around with History" by Carl Barks and William Van Horn, in Uncle Scrooge Adventures #33 (Gladstone)

 1997
 - Best Comics Publication for a Younger Audience: Walt Disney's Comics & Stories, John Clark, ed. (Gladstone)
 - Best Serialized Story: "The Universal Solvent" by Don Rosa, in Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #604-606 (Gladstone)
 - Best Writer/Artist-Humor: Don Rosa, Walt Disney's Comics & Stories; Uncle Scrooge (Gladstone) *WINNER*

 1998
 - Best Lettering: Todd Klein, Batman, Batman: Poison Ivy (DC); The Dreaming, House of Secrets, The Invisibles, Uncle Sam (DC/Vertigo); Uncle Scrooge Adventures (Gladstone); Castle Waiting (Olio) *WINNER*
 - Best Short Story: "A Matter of Some Gravity" Don Rosa, Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #610 (Gladstone)

 2003
 - Hall of Fame: Floyd Gottfredson

 2004
 - Hall of Fame: Floyd Gottfredson
 - Best Title for a Younger Audience: Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge, by various (Gemstone)

 2005
 -Hall of Fame: Floyd Gottfredson

 2006
 -Hall of Fame: Floyd Gottfredson *WINNER*

 2007
 - Best Short Story: "The Black Knight Glorps Again" by Don Rosa, in Uncle Scrooge #354 (Gemstone)

The Hungarian