DCML Digest, Vol 52, Issue 8 (Scrooge's Quest)

Francesco Spreafico francesco.spreafico at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:07:12 CEST 2007

kimba1962 at comcast.net wrote:

> PS:  Jonathan: Another thumbs up for your work on "Gawrsh-Durn
> Champion".  It was great.  (I especially liked the subtle reference
> to MouseWorks!)

What's the reference? I never saw MouseWorks and so I didn't notice it.

I'm not sure I'd like it, though... just as I did not like the
Flintstone reference... this is 1957, the Flintstone still had to air!
But besides that... if there is no reference in the original, then there
must be no reference in the translation, no matter what. Not even the
Phantom Blot reference later on in the story, there is no such thing in
the original.

I'm also sorry to see that censorship in the first two pages (about
hunting). I know that many Italian reprints of this story were just as
censored (actually, even more), but that's not a good reason. Censorship
is always wrong, no matter what.

--
Francesco
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/