Løkling/Midthun's Christmas strips 2006 for FREE!

Olaf Moriarty Solstrand olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Wed Nov 28 22:19:13 CET 2007

Hi all,

if anyone here knows how to read Norwegian, and is interested in reading a
Christmas story for free (legal, even), here's your chance, but it's only
good for a few days, so hurry.

Since 2005, Norwegians Tormod Løkling (former DD editor) and Arild Midthun
(Disney artist) have drawn a series of 24 Christmas-themed strips a year.
These are distributed through Bulls so that any newspaper interested can
print the story December 1st-24th. A Christmas calendar in comics!

Last year, I decided to buy the rights to print these strips on my
homepage. It wasn't exactly a smashing success (for several reasons, e.g.
one of Norway's biggest newspapers decided to start in advance and print
the December 1st strip November 28th, so the story wasn't really that
interesting when I published them on schedule 2-3 days later), but: I
still had a license to publish Disney comics on my web site, so of course
I did so.

That licence lasted a year, so now it's about to expire -- but all the
strips are still available online for two more days, if anyone's
interested.

You find them all here:
http://www.andebyonline.com/jul2006/

Olaf