"How to Read Donald Duck" was: Re: Nazi propaganda Short "Nimbus Libér?quot; (1943)

marmelmm at comcast.net marmelmm at comcast.net
Sat Sep 8 18:29:24 CEST 2007

http://moneybin.at.infoseek.co.jp/capitalist.html

For Americans, Barks' work represents pleasant memories, but in 1972, Chilean Marxist writers Ariel Dorfman and Armand Mattelart denounced the Disney comics as propaganda designed to further the exploitation of Third World countries. Their vitriolic pamphlet "How to Read Donald Duck" ("Para Leer al Pato Donald") concluded, "As long as he (Donald Duck) strolls with his smiling countenance so innocently about the streets of our country, as long as Donald is power and our collective representative, the bourgeoisie and imperialism can sleep in peace."

From: "Jonathan H. Gray" <jongraywb at hotmail.com>