Chickadees name in Sweden

Elin Pettersson elita_leo at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:56:15 CEST 2007

Yeas I thought of this also but hesitated to draw the line between the chickadees and biker chicks :)
Is there a possiblity that the thought of the other meaning of "spätta" occured to the translators?
I gave the swedish name a lot of thought yesterday and Im still fascinated.

Elin
also in not so enjoyable stockholm> Subject: RE: Chickadees name in Sweden> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:52:19 +0200> From: ola.martinsson at ericsson.com> To: dcml at nafsk.se; elita_leo at hotmail.com> > Spätta is a word from the 1960:ies that was the nickname for the girls that hang around with the motor interested boys (raggare in Swedish). That is youth that drive around in their big American cars or on motorcycles and pick up girls. Raggare and spättor was not really correct to be. It led to the myth of trouble, fighting, drinking and sex.> > But of course that was not the majority of raggare and spättor that lived up to the myth of so called low morals.> > > Ola in cloudy Stockholm +12 and littly windy> > > > -----Original Message-----> the chickadees = "gr?nsp?ttorna", the word itself gives nothing when tring to translate but "sp?tta" is a kind of flounder and a translation of sp?tta gives "sp?tta|fil? -n---fillet of plaice"> And Gr?n is green. so a green fillet of plaice? I do hope someone has a better explenation cause this one bugges me :)>