"Once upon a time... in America"

Frank Stajano fms27 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 13 21:23:42 CEST 2008

Eric Reinhardt wrote:
> I just wanted to know if you know what I'm talking about and if you can
> give me exact names of the series and titles in English, so I can find
> more info myself.

It is a great series written by Giorgio Pezzin and drawn by Massimo De
Vita, two among the best Disney authors from Italy.

Giorgio Pezzin has now stopped working for Disney but he told me last
year that he considers this "C'era una volta... in America" series one
of the best things he did.

Interestingly, he has never been to America himself.

You can read something more about Giorgio Pezzin and Massimo De Vita
(though not specifically about this series) in my old and very long
essay for NAFS(k), of which a text-only version is available at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~fms27/disney/writings/disney-comics-from-italy.pdf

--

   Frank Stajano     http://comicspodcast.blogspot.com/