Buck O'Rue

Germund von Wowern germund_vw at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 11:49:13 CET 2008

As some of you know, I and Richard Huemer (Disney animator Dick Huemer's son) have been working on a reprint project of Huemer's and Paul Murry's wonderfully beautiful comic strip Buck O'Rue for a long time. We are now so close, so close to the finishing line, but a few annoying pieces of artwork are still eluding us. If anybody would be able to help us locate them, or know anybody who just *might* be able to find any of them, please drop me a mail.

  Practically the entire run Jan 15, 1951 to late 1952 is ready and scanned from black/white proofs and I have already spent much of last year cleaning up the artwork. The year 1951 is 100% complete, so all the missing art is from 1952. We're only missing one single Sunday entirely (January 20, 1952!!!!!!!!!!!!), but would like to obtain the full 12-panel versions of the following:
Feb 3
May 4
June 8,15,22,29
July 6
August 10,17,24
December 14 and later are missing, but were probably never even produced.

The dailies are complete Jan 15, 1951 to July 19, 1952, except the week of July 7-12, 1952. Unfortunately, these late dailies were probably not even published in newspapers at the time.
  /Germund