Q: Guido Martina and Gazzetta del Popolo

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:40:10 CEST 2009

For some reason my email never appeared on the list. Something wrong? I retry.

Hi all, especially Italian experts on Disney comics!

I noticed that great author il professore Guido Martina worked for Gazzetta del Popolo newspaper early on his career. I did not found any specific years when he was employed by the paper, but it must have been between 1928-1935. My point is that Gazzetta del Popolo was the first newspaper in Italy to publish Mickey Mouse strip in 1930 and even published an article about it's creators, even mentioning Ub Iwerks. So the question is: was signor Martina working for the paper right at that period and maybe even was translating/editing or even perhaps choosed that strip to be published? Is there any evidence on this presumption?

Best Wishes
Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist --