Concerning Rosa and my thesis

Katja Kontturi katja.j.kontturi at jyu.fi
Tue Dec 21 10:18:37 CET 2010

Happy Holidays to all!

And thank you very much for all those who have responded and commented to
my questions. It's been really nice to know this list is full of great
people. I'm sure to let you all know where my thesis is going and in case
I happen to travel abroad in a conference to talk about Rosa or so on.
(The next one is on March in Prague, but I think that one is closed to the
participants only. :/)

I personally met Rosa in September in Helsinki, when he was marketing his
newest album. I took a one-day trip there and stood two hours in the
queue, but that was so worth it. Even though he hadn't much time to talk
to people (the queue was like 150 metres long, and it was the sixth
signing up for him), but I had time to introduce myself and give him a
letter in which I described my research. It also had my contact
information.
I had earlier sent him an email, while I was still working on my master's
degree, but got no answer and I wasn't sure if the email was right. But he
seemed to remember me and promised that he'll check on that email.

I'm not sure if he ever has time to write me back, but I still consider
myself a very lucky person to have met him and let him know about my work
too.

But perhaps I consider writing him a longer letter now that I have his
home address too. :)

I wish you all very best christmas,

Katja

--