Slippery Sales

Carl Lund clund at cox.net
Mon Jul 19 15:46:41 CEST 2010

> From:
> Francesco Spreafico <francesco.spreafico at gmail.com>
>

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 01:35, Jesse O'Reilly<everydaymick at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>

>> >  If the BOOM! comics had good stories, I'd keep them on my monthly list, but after the first few issues, I gave up on them.
>>
> Walt Disney Comics&  Stories has EXTREMELY good stories. You shouldn't
> miss that.
>
> Francesco

There is no criteria that I could use to describe C&S's current crop of
stories as EXTREMELY good.  Some of them, as I said earlier, have
pleasantly surprised me...because they weren't, well, awful.  I'd give
those a solid C.  But I don't blame Jesse at all for giving up on BOOM!
If I were buying based on quality, there is no way I would ever pick up
an issue.  I just fear that this is the last dying gasp of Disney comics
in the U.S., yet I hope (against huge odds, I know) that if they can
survive at all someone, someday will take them to back to their former
glory much as Gladstone did after Western.

Carl