Gottfredson Reprint

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Mon Jul 26 19:35:49 CEST 2010

So Fantagraphics is going to take a run at this. Well, here's hoping they succeed in bringing this project to fruition at long last. However...

> Update: Douglas Wolk speaks briefly to Fantagraphics Publisher Gary Groth about the reprints.
>
> In the interview, Wolk says "My plan and my hope is to reprint it exactly as it was, with some explanatory text for a modern audience."  It's the "hope" part that could be a problem for uncensored strips.

Those uncensored strips are "The Song of the South" of Disney comics. Previous goes at the project have been halted by Disney's nervousness about them, and Disney has shown a penchant for rediscovering that nervousness after initially seeing no problem.

Still, fingers crossed...

(By the way, isn't Wolk actually quoting Groth here?)

Gary