re the ladylikenesses of Barksian ladies

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at alumni.princeton.edu
Thu Jun 3 10:17:34 CEST 2010

NILS:

> But, by all means, Magica *is and remains and is meant to be*
> a more terrifying figure than Daisy.

Is she? Donald has found the courage to enter Magica's lair on occasion, but
he has gone to great lengths to avoid the unpleasantness that he knows Daisy
is about to inflict on him (spring cleaning, boring social events, etc.). Even
when he does want to be with her, he usually has to win some competition or
other before he can have the privilege of dancing or having lunch with her.

Given all this, I wonder why Donald bothers sticking with Daisy!

	Kriton.
-----
"Captain!  There are aliens down on the planet.  I managed to kill only
  fifteen of them before ascertaining they were non-hostile!"
-----