Disney-comics digest #236.

Gary Leach 73633.152 at CompuServe.COM
Wed Feb 9 05:14:04 CET 1994

TO ALL:

After a grueling two weeks trying to wrestle Mighty Morphin Power Rangers two
falls out of three (which is where the time we would have spent on WDCiC is
going, and far more profitably), I am back (ta da!).

It seems everyone has said just about everything concerning Disney's latest
shenanigans, so there's not much to add other than we believed (as we once
knew, back in the original Gladstone days) we could launch a new Disney title
without having to get clearance from Disney. We made the mistake of attempting
this while one of our more reliable and levelheaded contacts at Disney was
indisposed, and the temporary replacement saw we were doing a new title and
panicked. The fragile bailiwick was shaken, so the cry went out to "Stop
Gladstone! Stop Gladstone at any cost! Don't let them do anything we don't
understand!" Or reactions to that effect. Guess the company's in a tizzy over
EuroDisney or something. Anyway, it does appear we could have timed our move
better (John had originally proposed only a special Donald Duck 60th
anniversary one-shot, which is pretty much what it's going to be after all).

Jack Kirby is dead...long live the King!

In the next installment of Lo$, we're gonna color all of the ducks chartreuse!
Completely! So get your copies early!

Gad, I'm gettin' punchy again...all for now.

GARY