Splitting Hairs

Mark Semich mas at cs.bu.edu
Thu Feb 10 05:26:24 CET 1994

>From: Don Rosa <72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM>

>	I still say all Ducks should, and always have had white hair.
>Gladstone is a goose. (Actually, a goose/duck, according to my Family
>Tree and the fact that he is a cousin of Donald.)

Additionally, Gladstone *has white hair*!  Sure, he's had brown from
time to time, but those were early appearances and could easily be
explained as the colorist messing up or as "Gladstone the Dandy"
slicking his head.

David Gerstein sez:
>        "I still say all Ducks should, and always have had white
>hair."
>
>        That's Don Rosa speaking.  And I respond by asking, what color
>was Donaldo El Quacko's hair?  (And don't tell me, "dyed".)  Or the
>Ducks in Tralla La -- GOTCHA!  The Cannibal Ducks in WDC&S 34 have
>black hair, too (although you'll no doubt argue that that story is
>MUCH too early to mean anything, and I'll answer that you're right).

Well, the cannibal ducks were *black* ducks!  Black ducks would have
black on the tops of their heads, and white ducks would have *white*
on the tops of their heads.  They're *ducks*!  They have *feathers*!
(Although I guess that in some cases, they have *really long*
 feathers... :-) )