new DCML volume record

Lunnan & Hjort brit.lunnan at chello.no
Sun Apr 29 08:58:08 CEST 2001

I'm browsing through the last fifty thousands or so of bytes
of the DCML; congratulations to contributors and readers
on a new DCML volume record. So far 844 KB in April 2001;
previous month record 559 KB, according to
http://stp.ling.uu.se/pipermail/dcml/  (via which, by the way, I am
finding it more convenient to read/browse through all this than
via digest subscription).

Perhaps we are coming close to a mailing list's natural limits
of digestable volume. It must be a strain for even the eager members
to keep on top of all this. One must hope that we don't end up
splitting ourselves into subgroups and thinking about this by the
way one is reminded of the importance of not writing too quickly
or too long sentences about many things without giving due prior
consideration to the points one wishes to convey to the readers
because that would be rather unfortunate and could stretch both
the patience of others and distract from the main themes one tries
to focus on from which it also follows that we should try to keep
sentences paragraphs and messages reasonably concise and to
the point and focussed and concentrated so as not to bore or
god forbid confuse fellow readers but sometimes people like
redundancy once in a while so please keep to the topic and be
brief as Shakespeare brevity is the soul of wit and Chekov agreed
korotkost' sestra talenta and by the way I know the story behind
the Pirate Gold Barks item on eBay that Daniel mentioned today
so keep it short and to the point folks.

Nils Lid Hjort