Disney Comics Writers/Artists

bi442@lafn.org bi442 at lafn.org
Sun Jan 13 04:06:49 CET 2002

I received no confirmation of my last message reaching the list, - so I send
this again.  I apologise if it is a duplicate. It regards a few writer/artists
not yet listed:  Pat Block (Gladstone stories), and Bas Heymans (he has at
least participated in the writing of some of the stories he has drawn).

I was shocked to see the name of E.C. Segar on the list of Disney Comics
writers/artists.  Some knowledgeable member please tell us which comics his
stories appeared in!

i believe the numbers of written & drawn stories for Daan Jippes (20), Freddy
milton (12), and Jan Gulbransson (11) from Francois' list are MUCH too low. I
know for a fact that I, myself, co-wrote 6 with Jan(5 of those have been
printed), and also participated in in-house editing (Gulbransson Studio)of more
than 6 others which were his own writing.  Freddy was co-writer of 11 stories
with Daan Jippes. When Daan first left for USA Freddy continued writing and
drawing his own 10-pagers for Oberon for several years.  Oberon did have him
start drawing stories of other writers, but he continued to write some of his
own, as well.  He also co-wrote 2 stories with Gorm Transgaard, which were
printed by Disney Italia.  That is already quite a few more than 12.  As for
Daan, in addition to the 11 with Freddy (they both also participated in the
final drawing of all their stories); he wrote and drew many short stories for
Oberon from 1976 - 1981. He continued writing and drawing a few stories for
them while he was in USA. He has continued to trickle a few stories here and
ther(OTHER THAN Barks script redrawing) over the past several years. And, he
has written and drawn a few for Egmont in the past 2& 1/2 years (I'm not sure
he has written them- help here, David?). That MUST amount to MORE than 20!!!

Rob
Klein