the last straw

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Wed Nov 12 18:38:55 CET 2003

Don Rosa wrote:

> Sigvald is a very nice fellow (in person) and apparently one of my
> "biggest
> fans". And he operates probably the best Rosa fansite out there which
> makes
> me very proud.

Don obviously is yet to receive Sigvald's message about quitting the ML.
Still, I must agree with Don. Its a shame it had to come to this, but
Sigvald was continuously insulting people and even nations.  I'm
personally glad if I don't have to read such messages ever again in this
list. I was at one point thinking about quitting myself, because of the
useless arguing he was creating, then I used message filtering to simply
delete all messages by him for a while... after a while I decided to
give his his messages an another chance. No good.

Still, I wish Sigvald could have changed his ways, but alas ... it was
impossible for him. Therefore, I respect his decision to leave - the
only reasonable thing to do, since he can't restrain himself. And like
Don said, he maintains an excellent web-site. Too bad he can't work in a
public forum. After saying that: Goodbye Sigvald, I wish the best for
you in the future. Hopefully this change will finally create a more
welcoming and friendly atmosphere - the one I've heard about in the
stories told by the ancient members.

--
- Kai Saarto
http://www.go.to/donrosa